• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Sergei Nakariakov

View previous topic :: View next topic  
limits_unknown

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any albums out of strictly Sergei? I know he's on a few virtuoso albums, but I can't find any albums of just him.
trptcase

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergei Nakariakov has several solo albums. Amazon has all of them available.
The Elegie CD is one my favorites- really beautiful, interesting playing. Enjoy!

Casey Matthews
_Don Herman
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the last one is No Limit(s) -- can't recall if the last "s" is there or not. I got mine from Amazon. HTH - Don
pedaltonekid
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically this guy is very good, but I don't think that he is very musical. I have a few of his cd's and have seen him perform live.
jkramb19
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my favorite nakariakov album is definitly from moscow with love, his playing on the arutunian is amazing.

"The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender." Vince Lombardi
ZeroMan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-07-19 17:47, pedaltonekid wrote:
Technically this guy is very good, but I don't think that he is very musical. I have a few of his cd's and have seen him perform live.

Pedaltone, I think the record companies are more to blame than Mr. Nakariakov. They always are on the look out for the next prodigy. Musical sensitivity and artitstry is something acquired over time. Mr. Nakariakov is young. He has time on his side and, in my opinion, will eventually develop a profound musicality to go with his superb technical ability. A few people have already criticised the guy but I think that comes with the territory. He's accomplished and heavily marketed.
clarion89
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think ZeroMan hit it on the head with the musicality comment. I have the CD Elegie and the Trumpet Concerti CD and his playing is amazing and IMO very musical.
ByroTrumpet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think that Sergei Nakariakov is an incredible trumpet player. Anyone can tell that this guy must have worked his butt off ! He has a pretty extensive solo repitoire, even playing some stuff not written for trumpet (violen, and cello). At his young age, that is really quite an accomplishment.

IMHO, Technicality is all pretty much set in method books and should be done in a machine like manner. Pretty much anything a computer can do. however, musicality and style, is all a matter of personal interpretation.

If there is anything that I stated here that someone doesn't agree with or if it is just plain wrong. Let me know (be professional about it), because I want to learn more. Have a great day everyone!
Xenoman
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many of you know my primary focus is jazz BUT I just picked up Sergei Nakariakov's No Limit CD...

...my mouth is still opened. I LOVE his tone and technically he is absolutely amazing. I'd love a chance to hear him live. Hopefully he will make his was to Washington D.C. - Kennedy Center perhaps...

[ This Message was edited by: Xenoman on 2002-10-17 20:25 ]
SilverTrumpet
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I don't know what your talking about with the comment that he's not very musical, I'm listening to one of his albums right now and don't have any problem with it. Not to mention his tone is quite beautiful and thats definitely in my opinion the most important part of playing any instrument. However if your judging him by the recording "elegie" I can see where you're coming from. The first time I listened to it I thought he was pretty bad. but after I listened to it more I realized that they just miked (sp?) him to closely. I can't explain the live performance though.

~J.R.R. Tolkien
Borth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had recently received one of his cds (a burnt copy, can't tell which one) and I gotta tell ya: this guy's flat out amazing. in the album I got, he plays several violin concertos. I had never heard anyone pull off two-octave leaps like that. you can almost hear the up & down action of the bow. from what I heard he was considered a wonder-kid back in russia, at the age of 10. hearing him almost made me wanna put down my horn and never touch it again. I tried to convince myself that he can't improvise for the life of him, but anyone who's THAT comfortable with his horn, can probably do anything he friggin' wants with it.
I just hate people like that... ; )
MPWall1
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up "No Limit" the other day...it's absolutely amazing! What this guy can do at 24 is unreal. He's one of those guys who makes you put your horn away and go cry...um, but I wouldn't know about that...

Anyway, does anyone know where I can find his recording of "Moto Perpetuo"? (sp?).

All the best,
Michael Wall
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Recordings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: