• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Harry James on Lucy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blasticore
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The post in the Claude Gordon forum reminded me of this...There was an episode of the Lucy Desi Comedy Hour (maybe it was I love Lucy) where Harry James was a soloist on one song. I was wondering if anyone could point me out to the name of that song, a recording, or possibly even the recording Harry James on the show.
Larry Smithee
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry did an entire guest spot on I Love Lucy. It can occasionally be seen in rerun form from time to time if your lucky enough to time it right. Betty Grable is on the same show as well. Harry ends the show by playing a solo number with Desi's Cuban band.
Larry Smithee
rooster7
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first time I have posted a reply, so I hope it works. You are in luck. I went to Ebay, and typed in I love Lucy. Unfortunately, there are a bazillion pages of I love Lucy on Ebay. So, if you are willing to sift through all of those, you might find a video of the program.
You have an alternative. I went through GOOGLE.COM, and found a video of the show you want. You can get it at Amazon.com, for about $20. The name of the episode is "Lucy and Desi 4:Wins a racehorse". Its a brand new video. If you have problems with finding it at Amazon. just email me. I saved the web page to "favorites".
There are some movies that had Harry James in them,too. You might want to start with Google.com. I imagine you will spend hours and hours going through all of the Harry James web pages.
Good luck.
Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Recordings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: