• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Mouthpiece Twist-in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beto

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Mouthpiece Twist-in Reply with quote

Hello, I took my horn to the local shop to see why one of my mouthpieces wobbles. the mouthpiece had a sharp edge on the end but not out of round. he cleaned off the sharpness but did not correct the problem. He then suggested to sit the mouthpiece in and give it a TWIST. ......Will this damage the reciever and does anyone out there do this? (TWIST IN) My GR mouthpieces sit in perfectly but my Callet Does not.
iambrassman
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would NOT twist it in. There is some difference between the tapers on the mpcs -- or the length of the pcs. It is 'possible' that the callet piece is bottoming out in the receiver.

The best source for info on this is Bob Reeve's. Check out his website -- he actually has a FAQ on mpc wobble. You could even ship your horn and mpc to him and he can correct the issue -- the right way. (Hollywood, CA)

Bobreeves dot com -- phone numbers are on there, too. Give them a call, they are VERY helpful!
Tootsall
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What he ^ said (Brassman).
razeontherock
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some mpcs will never seat properly w/o a "twist." Callet receivers in particular are built like a tank. Some Schilkes are very lightweight, but I don't know about yours; don't overdo it and damage your horn. Many techs can adjust these things, and checking your gap is a good idea anyway. The GR website has the specs they use.

Ray
Beto

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I called Charlies Brassworks and informed myself on GR gap specs. I will probably send it out to him to get the reciever set for GR mouthpieces. just need to find a matching GR to my callet 7C.... by the way I love the Callet rim compared to the Bach, thats why I insist on this piece. I dont want to replace my reciever due to (twist -in) damage........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: