• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Loss or high register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArutjunjanScreamer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking for some serious advice. For about 2 years ive been able to play up to about G or even A above Super C, which has been a great aspect of my playing. However have started studying at a music conservatoire as a classical playing. Now my technical abilities (sound, tonguing etc etc) are far improved and my range up to double G is very very solid, however i cant even get a super C, and when I have I havent got hardly a mezzo forte out of it - ive been working on trying to get it back, nothings happening - any ideas on how i lost a whole screaming octave?

Cheers, Jonny
Pete
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do mean High C don't you? You might be playing too much, and not resting enough. Some college players don't warm up. After a while it catches up to you. Do a proper warm up. Not a head turning high note display or Jazz lines. Work on focusing you chops for the rehearsal or playing at hand.

Bobby Shew, Roger Ingram, Bud Herseth, Maynard, Arturo, etc. all have routines that get it going for them. Think back to why your chops worked better. What kind of playing were you doing? Did you play 2 hours a day, or 5? Did you change equipment?Something is obviously different. your trumpet instructor must have some ideas!

Pete
_bugleboy
Carmine Caruso Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use it or lose it.

You won't get any better advice than that.

Your practice regimen needs to take you to all the extremes of playing.
dbacon
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If you want to play up there, practice up there."

Doc Severinson
Liad Bar-EL
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2003-01-05 15:02, Quadruple C wrote:
(snip)
Use it or lose it.
DA

The same can be said for knowledge.

In the Talmud it says that “Silence is a fence enclosing wisdom; but silence alone is not wisdom.”

In the book “Saying of the Fathers 1:4, “The wise man is he who can learn from every man.” If you would try to understand this saying just a little bit more, would you not also say that a person would not be wise if he tries to keep people from learning from him?

“Man was given two ears and one tongue, so that he may listen more than speak.”
---Hasdai, Ben ha-Melekh ve-ha-Nazir
This is not to say that one should not speak at all.

For those lurkers and/or self imposed lurkers who are concerned about posting too much or not at all and for those who are jealous of the numbers of posts of certain people on TH, I would say that it’s not the numbers of posts that’s important but rather the content of those posts.

IMO, we should dispense with the posting of the high poster numbers/names in TH. In fact, it would be wiser to not post those numbers next to one’s name and if Todd feels it is important to post those numbers, then put them in one’s profile and not out on the board.

You’re doing a great job David on TH and you have a lot to share among us. Keep up the good work.

Liad Bar-EL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: