• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Cool toys?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vivace
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2001 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are some cool toys you guys have for the trumpet. (i saw the leader for the forum, so I thought I would ask, also, i wanted to try out the new forum. There are sooo many.)

Also, I read the article in the Instrumentalist, about playing in tune. They showed a trigger attached to the 3rd valve to the tuning slide. Didn't Arban have something like this (look in the back of the arbans in the original printing. It shows some kind of mechanism attached to the tuning slide.)
Hal Engel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Olds Recording cornets and also some Conn Constellation cornets had a trigger that was connected to the main tuning slide. The Conns I have seen were set up with an adjustable stop nut that allowed the player to adjust the tuning for when the trigger was not pressed.
Hotchops

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new Besson Prestige cornet has a trigger on the main slide as well as the 3rd. I think the trigger on Arban's cornet was to enable him to extend the tubing to play a low F without having to "fake it".

Great new site by the way.

Rob
donalson
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2001-11-13 14:46, Hotchops wrote:
The new Besson Prestige cornet has a trigger on the main slide as well as the 3rd. I think the trigger on Arban's cornet was to enable him to extend the tubing to play a low F without having to "fake it".

Great new site by the way.

Rob

i found a simple way of playing a clean low F w/ out "faking" is throw the 1st and 3rd valve slide...not always an option i know but sometimes it is.

mark aka donalson
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wilmer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2001 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just downloaded the opening of the last movement of the Second Brandenburg Concerto for my cell phone.
It's a Nokia 8260.
Wilmer
Cozy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Sabine STX-1500 tuner I got for Christmas, http://www.sabineUSA.com . The yellow (flat), green, red (sharp) indicator lights glow in the dark...Helpful in a dark backstage. Has clips to attach to the music stand.

[ This Message was edited by: Cozy on 2002-01-19 13:31 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: