• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Rick Braun and BWB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeCool
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my favorite cd right now. I love the way all the musicians play on this record, but I think Rick's playing is the best that he's ever done. I know he's pigeon holed as a smooth jazz artist and that doesn't sit well with most pure jazz folks, but I dig the way that cat plays a horn.
BADBOY-DON
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh!
Rick....Keeps gettin' betta-n'-badda'
Love the way he can take Bone-heads stones licks and turn them, into crown jewels of improv. with style and profile.

Love his high energy trumpet sound with clarity and sparkle and in contrast, few players today can exhibit such warm,dense and hot hot licks on the mighty Flug, huh?

I think over the years he has gained so much improvement and enlarged his portfolio of musical exciting music, by his willingness to play with all kinds of musicians and with his wonderful repour and professionalism around these other musicans...He is asked more and more to contribute to the musical scene and this must help vault him up and onto levels that many other trumpet players seem to difficult to master.
Yes...Rick Braun is a force to be reckoned with..
Speaking of "FORCE!"
Check out his old recording with "3rdForce" the album of the same name...where Ricks amazing first cut...IN THE PALE MOONLIGHT, took the 3rd Force's music into the top of the SMOOTH-JIZZ charts.
A BONEY FONY JAMES...Release called SHAKE IT UP,also featured a very very glib and stylish bunch of wonder trumpet voicing by Rick. The cover of the HOT LIPS made folks curious but when they got through the glitzee' smooth crap...Ricks beautiful creative and quality trumpet sound, help vault that album onto the top of the charts also.
http://www.rickbraun.com is truly a good time for all trumpet fan world wide.

Hey Chicago Fans...He is in your town tomorrow night Jan.14th!!! Enjoy!!!

[ This Message was edited by: BADBOY-DON on 2003-01-13 14:31 ]
DaveH
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2003 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Rick Braun very much. Good, tasteful player with a very nice sound.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: