• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RhythmDoctor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, everyone. I recently joined here, and was pleasantly surprised to see a Reinhardt forum. I'm fortunate to have studied with him for a couple of years back in the '70s. He really affected my approach to trumpet mechanics (in a positive way).

I'm surprised to see a topic on Pedal Tones here - I didn't think Doc's opinions on that could be put into print. I guess they must have the expletive filter turned off!

I've just gotten started reading the messages here, so I look forward to reviewing and seeing how much I remember. I confess I can't even remember what "type" I am (except that I'm a downstream player with a slight malocclusion, so that my pivot is somewhat diagonal). I'll have to dig my encyclopedia, and all the "personalized analysis" material out of the basement sometime.

-- Rick
http://RickSonntag.com

[ This Message was edited by: RhythmDoctor on 2003-02-08 22:27 ]
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Rick,

Yeah, man, dig out those personalized materials and join us! As Dave said, pretty much every question that gets asked around here has already been answered by Doc himself, either in those materials or in the Encyclopedia.

So, welcome, and I'm looking forward to hearing more from you!

Rich
RhythmDoctor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome, Rich. I've seen you on other message boards, and we have some mutual friends. I remember hearing that you did a tour with Maynard, so you're definitely in a different league from me.

Did you ever live in Philly, or did you commute here from NC or NYC for your lessons with Reinhardt?

-- Rick

[ This Message was edited by: RhythmDoctor on 2003-02-12 21:24 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: