• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Lesson with Pops

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trjeam
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2003-02-20 11:46, MF Fan wrote:
Not that Jeff or his "Balanced Embouchure" book need defending, but I couldn't help responding to the flame earlier in this thread, since by coincidence I'm in the process of re-reading it for the first time since I originally purchased it a couple of years ago. Turns out I already have a 'balance embouchure' based on Jeff's description in the book, so there wasn't as much upside for me in reading it, but I think it's a great book nonetheless. In fact, I think it's one of the best written books of it's type I've ever seen, not to mention the pictures and accompanying CD. I was thoroughly impressed, with the quality, and ultimately the approach. It just turns out that I was alread on the path. It was still interesting reading and I believe worth the money for anyone that considers themselves a true student of the trumpet. IMO, if someone truly believes it was a waste of money, they probably don't have a good understanding of what it takes to play the trumpet successfully, and unfortunately, given their apparent close mindedness, have little hope of learning.

Good Luck All, and Keep On Blowin'

<font size=-2>[ This Message was edited by: MF Fan on 2003-02-20 11:49 ]</font>

<font size=-2>[ This Message was edited by: MF Fan on 2003-02-20 11:50 ]</font>

I agree. The book is written very well but it just didn't work for me wich makes it a waste of my money. I have bought many books and all of them have helped me in some sort of way. But Jeff's book just didn't do anything for me. Like i said before maybe I just didn't understand the concepts of the book but just because it didn't work for me that doesn't I don't see what that has to do with me knowing what it takes to play trumpet succesfully because I'm "closed minded". If I was closed minded I wouldn't of even bought the book and wouldn't of even of given it a chance.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: