• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Position of the tongue in MKT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Claude Gordon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bachstrad
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been reading into the modified k-tongue technique and am very interested. However i cannot seem to discern where exactly the tip of the tongue is supposed to rest. Is it a set position, or variable to the player. For instance my tounge has always been rather long(the reason why im trying this new technique, my traditional tonguing is sloppy and cumbersome), and to effectively use this technique my tongue seems to rest a good 1/2 cm below the gumline of the back teeth. This is probably wrong as i am new to it. Any advice on this would be appreciated.
MF Fan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new to the technique as well, so will look for the input of former Gordon students, but my experience has been that tip should be near flush with the TOP of the lower teeth, to slightly below. Ultimately however, I believe it's whatever works for you since everyone's physical set-up is slightly different.

If you haven't already come across these, check out the attached links, both from former Gordon students, which go into detail on this technique. Good Luck!

http://mattgraves.netfirms.com/k_tongue_modified.htm

http://www.purtle.com/jeff_articles.html

Schilke 15a4 - 23 Throat
Lead Trumpet - My Basement Jazz Orchestra

[ This Message was edited by: MF Fan on 2003-03-09 21:38 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Claude Gordon All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: