• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Berlin Philharmonic CD's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tcutrpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where would you guys suggest I look to locate some Berlin Phil CD's? I've never heard the group and am very interested in hearing them with all the praise I've been reading on the boards. Also, where do y'all buy your orchestral CD's? I've gone through Amazon, but it seems like the selection is either limited or hard to locate certain items. Thanks guys.

matt cyr
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
gb1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Berlin Phil. is one of the most recorded orchestras in the history of the universe. Look in the classical section of any record store - especially under Beethoven, Brahms, Schubert, Schumann, Mahler, Wagner, Strauss, etc. and you'll probably find many recordings by them. Some of their famous conductors have included Furtwangler, von Karajan, and Claudio Abbado, but there are many others.

When searching online, you might try the German spelling of their name: "Berliner Philharmoniker". Also, I reccomend http://www.hbdirect.com as a good resource for classical discs online.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Recordings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: