• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Pivot Stabilizer Drill

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BobList
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anyone who would be willing to post or describe the Pivot Stabilizer Drill?
I'm working on re-inforcing the basic emb. as part of some daily routines, , and would like to see it... Scott Holbert is here in town , and could point me in the right direction regarding their usage if necc...., thanx, Bob List, Baltimore
Rlist58361@aol.com
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pivot Stabilizer is possibly the most dangerous drill to give somebody whose pivot and angle haven't been determined by a qualified teacher of the Pivot System.

Just my opinion.

Any others?

Rich
BobList
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a III-A downstream....I pivot up and to the right to ascend....been typed by Holbert...we determined that I was a split type, i guess, meaning I was a III-B and was in transition to a III-A..... I am now completely locked in as such...I was just looking for the drill to help re-enforce the pivot on a daily basis....I can't get to see Scott regularly, except on gigs....however....I am glad to see ya'll don't just toss around info recklessly..that's good..." a little knowledge is a dangerous thing"..( on my part)....It's quite possible that Holbert doesn't feel the need for me to do this drill....If it ain't broke, don't fix it....thanx for the response.. Bob List, Baltimore
bgibson
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob;
It is very common for IIIA's and IIIB's to type switch from one to the other during the developmental period.
Doc would refer to it as the Measles /Mumps thing.
There is a very fine line between the two types and one can get into trouble type switching.
I have first hand knowledge of that problem.
Doc was the only person that was able to see and correct the problem. Thank God I went to him when I did.
WEG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: