• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

What is the Pay for Cruise ship musicians?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpet112002
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know what the Standard pay is for a ShowBand musician for Carnival Cruise lines? What do you need, tux, Bb, flugel etc..?
cybertrumpet
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well....
You are looking at anywhere between $350 to $600 per week, depending upon the ship. If you get on a ship with a heavy schedule, then it can be a ton of playing, which is great. I brought 2 tuxes, my flugel, cornet, laptop with language learning software, vitamins, many books, gameboy and of course my Bb. I even brought my pic, but never got to play it on any of the shows. The Yamaha silent brass is great for the ships as well and strongly recommended. So, even though the pay is not great, you really come off the ship with chops of steel and a desire to play something musical for a change. Most of what you play out there is total garbage......
Whatever you do, don't go thru PROSHIP for the gig. They really have no understanding of what your gig will entail and they even lie just to get you out there so that they can make $75 per week off of you. Best to try to get the gig yourself by contacting the head office of the cruise agencies.
You may need white pants, tropical shirt and/or other dorky cruise wear.....good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: