• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Embochure Lessons

View previous topic :: View next topic  
histrumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe some one can give me an idea of how many lessons it should take to learn an embochure set up from a competent trumpet teacher?
Bruce
Emb_Enh
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!! --THAT is a difficult question....
depends on what chop set up you are trying to learn and what you have and at what stage of development you are currently at with it!!!

Roddy o-iii<O

EMAIL ME IF YOU WANT TO TALK MORE!!

"E M B O U C H U R E___E N H A N C E M E N T"
BOOK 1 also... BOOK 2 + demo CD

[Self Analysis and Diagnostic Trumpet Method]
Lex Grantham
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce:

I am presuming that you are talking of when you are first introduced to a new embouchure by a teacher. And I will herein presume (for this post) that you are NOT speaking of a mere beginner on trumpet. It still could depend on several things:

1) Are you also switching equipment (mouthpiece/trumpet) when you start the new embouchure, too? The teacher might recommend more-suitable products for greater compatibilty with the methodology.

2) Are you planning to have regular lessons with a qualified teacher of the method, or will it just be a lesson when you and the teacher are able to get together...every week, each month, 6 months, once a year? And the expense of being able to take the lessons?

3) How related (if any) is the new methodology to what has been used in the past? Some transfer of training from the past might possibly occur.

4) What kind of practice schedule do you plan to implement into your development? Practice each day, every other day, twice a week, once per week? And for how long each practice session?

5) I will also presume that correct materials for the new methodology are available and affordable to the student.

6) Will you be able to commit yourself to the new methodology full time, or if you play with an organization have to continue some of the old methodology until such time that the new concepts "lock in" for you?

7) Interest, determination and pererverance for allowing the new method to work?

These are (maybe) just a few of the aspects that would be present during the time for developing the new embouchure. There are possibly more. And because of various factors, a teacher can only estimate what has happened in the past with his/her students. It would be no guarantee that the next student would progress as quickly...but, it might be even quicker!

Sincerely,

Lex Grantham

[ This Message was edited by: Lex Grantham on 2002-02-03 21:28 ]
histrumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lex,
Your post was great, there are alot of things that need to be considered. After reading your post and getting some e-mail from helpful people about this I think I have answered my own question.

Bruce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Pedagogy All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: