• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

How is TH supported....$$ Who pays?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
supportlivejazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: How is TH supported....$$ Who pays? Reply with quote

It must cost to keep the site up and running. Who pays for it? If it is specific commercial trumpet related businesses, is there a list available or posted on line? If there are commercial entities using the Marketplace (there are several), shouldn't they be paying to advertise and sell here?

"I'm not apologizing, I am what I am. There'll be no compromising, I don't give a damn."
Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Todd Davidson, the sysadmin, username trumpetherald, picks up the tab, with a little extra support from the banner ads at the top of the page. The actual hosting cost is not all that great (according to Todd), and TH itself is essentially a labor of love. Todd does all the programming etc. to keep the site up and running, including dealing with the various (numerous) site hosts over the years.

Historically nobody has paid in the Marketplace, which (as a reminder) is independent of the Forum. I have no idea if that policy has changed; I suspect not, as Todd has always hoped it would be primarily for TH (Forum) members. I do know that "policing" the Marketplace is a major effort and Todd gets busy and even takes a break now and then.

If you have Marketplace concerns, your best bet is to PM or email trumpetherald.

HTH - Don
supportlivejazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked because I wanted to see if there was a list of paying advertisers who actually contribute to the site costs. I have seen an increase in the use of the Marketplace Forum by businesses who are selling for profit in the forum or promoting their business and I wondered if they are also paying into the site to help with the costs.

I belong to another website and there is a "Buy, sell, trade" forum. However, use by businesses is banned and it is for the trade, exchange and sales between active members. Buying elsewhere and selling on the site at a profit is discouraged.

That site does have businesses that advertise and have baners and that is fine because they are charged for the exposure.

Anyway, that's why I asked.... but still not sure who advertises here. Is there a list? Thanks again.

"I'm not apologizing, I am what I am. There'll be no compromising, I don't give a damn."
trpthrld
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Todd - thanks! Great site!

www.trumpetherald.com/marketplace.php?task=detail&id=147567&s=The-Best-Trumpet-Lead-Pipe-Swab-EVER-

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPWAJqghk24&feature=youtu.be
wvtrumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Todd is the MAN!!!
Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supportlivejazz wrote:
Anyway, that's why I asked.... but still not sure who advertises here. Is there a list? Thanks again.

Not one I've seen. I suppose you could click through the banner ads, but so far as I know there are no paying vendors in the Marketplace. PM Todd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> trumpetherald.com All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: