• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

How Hard?????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clarion Wind
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am graduating in the next couple of years from undergraduate work. I have heard John Rommel's studio down at IU didn't even take one student this year, and is full for a while. How impossible is it to get into his studio, and does anyone know when he has an opening? I don't want to sound stuck up, or rigid, but I am really not interested with studying with either of the two other teachers. They are both good people I've heard, and good players, but Rommel is what I'm looking for. Anything else you could let me know would be great Pat. I'd like to pursue my masters and doctorate at IU, it just has such a strong program in both classical and jazz.
robert_white
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to contact Rommel yourself with this one. Contact IU (812 855-4848) and ask for his office #.
He usually has his answering machine on, and is good about returning messages. You can do a search at the IU website for his school email address, too.

I can tell you that his studio is always jam-packed, but that there's always some people graduating. If you play a great audition, and are really interested in working with him, there's no reason not to be optimistic!

Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Bill Adam All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: