• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Cornet/Flugelhorn Duets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_swthiel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend and I often due trumpet duets in church once or twice during the summer. My friend has a fairly new flugel, I have a new cornet, so naturally we're looking for opportunities to play them.

Any suggestions for duets that take advantage of the cornet/flugel combination? Is there any church-appropriate literature for cornet + flugelhorn + organ/piano/harpsichord?

Thanks,

Steve

Matthew 25:31-46
_Don Herman
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost any ballad numbers will work. There are a number of duet books out (I have a stack at home) plus quite a few which have a solo plus section parts (e.g., Pethold's books). I'll have to check at home to get a list of what I've got, but go into your local music store and check out the "Sacred Music" section. The CCLI website is a good place to start if you want a list of online dealers, and the Christian Songwriters Web Ring has a bunch of songs on it by newer artists.

I'll try to post more later; you can also do a search on TH in the Literature Forum -- this is a fairly frequent topic. - Don
mileage
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only know of duets for two trumpets but I'm sure they would sound fine on your cornet and flugal.Some good ones are Sashe Six Duets, Ernest Williams Duets and the duets at he back of Allen Vizzutti's third volume of his trumpet metod are good.He's also done some jazz ones that come with a CD accompaniment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: