• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Researching fraud...

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ohiotpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calisperra wrote:
If you are a victim of Kelly Marsh/Greg Murray/Trumpet Praise Ministries, please contact the Yadkinville Police Department at (336) 679-2863. Ask for Captain Patrick Long.

Captain Long recommends the following:
You may also contact Detective Sturdivant at 336-679-4217 AFTER you file your local report to help cover the investigation on both ends, just to ensure that your local agency follows protocol and forwards the case. Sometimes that never happens, but most agencies do.
WFUnix
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest court day was supposed to be yesterday, but it looks like it was pushed back until the 29th:

NC Judicial Calendar

Also it looks like Mr. Murray has to appear in court for speeding. Since when has the occupant of a hearse been charged for speeding?

258Pepper is no longer a registered Ebay user. Buyer, beware!
lmf
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

razeontherock wrote:
Calisperra wrote:
The Hell of Holy Payback is nothing compared to what crossing me is going to be like.....I have an ex husband that would most assuredly agree with that.

Since when is my ex-wife on TH?

[Sorry I couldn't resist. Good to see you seeking justice]

And she will find you.....

Lloyd
lmf
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WFUnix wrote:
The latest court day was supposed to be yesterday, but it looks like it was pushed back until the 29th:

NC Judicial Calendar

Also it looks like Mr. Murray has to appear in court for speeding. Since when has the occupant of a hearse been charged for speeding?

258Pepper is no longer a registered Ebay user. Buyer, beware!

Maybe he was hurrying to his next scam...

Lloyd
marathoner
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Deals gone South (or West depending on your location) Reply with quote

WOW !!!!!! I just wish MY local police would have been so active after a TH member in California took possession of my Taylor Chicago Custom in February 2004 and to this DAY has never paid a penny of the agreed upon price. Although the case is still technically "open" (statute of limitations is 7 years) the police detective asssigned to the case made 2 feeble attempts to "talk" to my scammer (who convinced him it was a misunderstanding and that he WOULD pay) and then said we should "work it out". "Work it out" for me turned out to be a trade that is still not completed - so far I have an out of production Getzen Bb that was not popular to start with, a student flugelhorn and a "Bessons" pocket trumpet worth $5 and a "promise" of money - for MY Taylor Chicago Custom. GOOD LUCK with YOUR pursuit of Justice.
fraserhutch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect at this point you should "out" this TH member as well.

It behooves us hereon this list to have a frank and open "case resolutions" thread" where issues like this, especially involving transactions between TH members, can be aired and hopefully resolved.
Roger Ingram 1600is
Wild Thing Flugel
Dillon Rotary Picc.
GR and Curry Mouthpieces
Crazy Finn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fraserhutch wrote:
I suspect at this point you should "out" this TH member as well.

It behooves us hereon this list to have a frank and open "case resolutions" thread" where issues like this, especially involving transactions between TH members, can be aired and hopefully resolved.

Indeed. Scammers should have no refuge here.

I'm not trying to advocate a witch hunt or anything. Due time and process should be observed. There was a recent thread about some ebay bags that had been auctioned but not sent due to some communication/technological issues. It seems to have been resolved on our forums. I'm always willing a give an ebay seller time to deal with life and transactions and willing to give the benefit of the doubt. However....

It would be nice to know when someone has had issues in their trumpet dealings. I'm sure we'd all like to help try to resolve them or be aware of those who seem to be unable to actually pay for the merchandise they buy.

This kind of nonsense should be given no quarter. Such scams are certainly not unique to the trumpet world - but we might as well do what we can to limit their damage.
marathoner
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:06 am    Post subject: SCAMMERS Reply with quote

This person who has/had my Taylor Chicago custom is "well known" on the Trumpet Herald. This person has many usernames that jump to this person's defense whenever that person's dealings are exposed. If that does not work then that person has one of their usernames use profanity- then implores the moderators to lock the thread for "decency's" sake. This person has been "outed" numerous times so I don't think hashing up another war before Thanksgiving is what anyone wants. The moderators are well aware of this person as well.
fraserhutch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I don't buy that, no offence intended. All of that sounds like a cop-out to me. It may be that you have a dispute that isn't cut and dried, which is perfectly fine. Otherwise, if it were me, I'd would neither allow myself to be intimidated or silenced by this guy and his aliases. Most people here are intelligent enough to pick up on that crap anyways.

Furthermore, it's not really even a question of any of that. It's a question of providing others here with information that would enable them to avoid getting taken for their money/goods.
Roger Ingram 1600is
Wild Thing Flugel
Dillon Rotary Picc.
GR and Curry Mouthpieces
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Reveille All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: