• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Need feedback about ebay seller!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ConnArtist
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rolling360 wrote:
When he shipped me the horn I metioned above, he did a good job packing. If you have concerns, forward them to the shipper with detailed packing instructions and that should eliminate any fears. ALSO, pay extra for insurance!!!!

That reminds me... when I recently acquired my new (to me) horn, the box seemed undersized for a horn in it's case, and USPS took a good chunk out of a portion of the box... so I took photos of the box opening process, with time-stamps on the photos. So one could see the date of arrival/opening, the amount of time between photos (so no accusations of dropping the horn and putting it back in box). I photographed the whole process... the unopened box with dings, now with taped seem neatly sliced, now with box open and packaging material in view, now with some packaging material removed and case showing, now with latches popped on case still tucked in packing material, now with case open, etc.

The horn (from different seller than OP's one in question) was perfect, so I deleted photos.

But I think it's a good practice to do this with any pricey package (trumpet or not) in the event claims need to be filed.
Reynolds Onyx cornet
c. 1955? Besson 10-10 trumpet
1939 Martin Imperial Handcraft “Model 37”
1986 Bach Strad 37 ML
stackedsax

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: More info on captain-apache Reply with quote

Hi there,

I was interested to see this thread on captain-apache. Does anyone who has actually dealt with captain-apache have any contact information? I think he might be peddling some stolen goods of my friend... any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

It seems that captain-apache is a reasonable fellow from his profile and the things you've said here. Hopefully, he'll be an amenable to a friendly exchange of the stolen goods.

Thanks very much,

-Alex
Yammie
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Contact info Reply with quote

Alex,

You can send him/her a message through eBay directly. given their feedback reputation, I very seriously doubt they're peddling stolen goods knowingly and I'd bet they would want to know immediately.
stackedsax

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

No worries, I hadn't noticed the email address in the eBay listing before I posted this. A quick whois lookup and a whitepages search gives me all the info I require.

It is most certainly the same instrument that was stolen a couple days ago. I don't wish to accuse captain-apache of the theft, but he nevertheless is selling something that was stolen.
OneTwo3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks Reply with quote

stackedsax wrote:
No worries, I hadn't noticed the email address in the eBay listing before I posted this. A quick whois lookup and a whitepages search gives me all the info I require.

It is most certainly the same instrument that was stolen a couple days ago. I don't wish to accuse captain-apache of the theft, but he nevertheless is selling something that was stolen.

What ever happened with this ? Anyone here know?
PM me if you have time please...or if you know how to contact Stackedsax, or get him to contact me?
Would be much appreciated!
Thanks-
Captain Apache

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,
I'm the aforementioned "Captain-Apache" otherwise known as Rich Giannone. Thanks to those that have purchased items from me in the past and thanks to those that have noticed my feedback. It takes a lot to try and keep people happy and it doesn't always work out. In the 15 years I've been selling on eBay, I've never had any trouble buying and selling musical instruments. I purchase them at storage default auction, flea markets and antique shows. I don't always get great bargains, but there's usually room for me to make some profit on eBay. If you check my auctions, you can see I sell a little bit of everything. In the last two years, I've been unlucky enough to purchase three instruments that turned out later to be stolen goods. The first was a $16,000 Oboe that with a little detective work, I was able to return to the owner without law enforcement help. The second was a Haynes flute purchased at the San Jose Flea market about a year ago and just a few weeks ago, a Fender amp. I'm not sure what the cause of my bad luck had been, but I'm out a considerable amount of money, not to mention the embarrassment and downright mortification of having the police show up at my doorstep as the neighbors watch. The thieves that are stealing these items are jeopardizing my livelihood and at some point (maybe sooner rather than later) may end my days as an eBay dealer as I have absolutely no desire to have anything to do with criminals or stolen items. I've had my home burglarized and I know what a violation that is and how angry I was when it happened to me. I'm not sure why I got on here to post except to let you know that I'm here and I'm an honest seller and if anyone has any questions or issues regarding my eBay items, they just have to email through the eBay system.
Thanks for listening,
Rich Giannone (Captain-Apache)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: