• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

If it is sold delete the Ad

Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brian Moon
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: If it is sold delete the Ad Reply with quote

How hard is that?

ObamaCare, a massive government takeover, a measure destroying jobs and the economy, a law designed to enslave the American people, an instrument of tyranny in the hands of criminal elitists.
tom turner
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the overworked, underpaid (meaning zero pay) moderator staff could use a hand on that portion of the site.

Contact 'em, they might be glad to have a volunteer!
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom turner wrote:
Maybe the overworked, underpaid (meaning zero pay) moderator staff could use a hand on that portion of the site.

Brian Moon
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:
tom turner wrote:

The seller is supposed to do it. I am talking about the sellers that go to the trouble of writing SOLD when they should just delete it.

ObamaCare, a massive government takeover, a measure destroying jobs and the economy, a law designed to enslave the American people, an instrument of tyranny in the hands of criminal elitists.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry if I offended you, but I think anyone who voluntarily takes down their ads is already doing so. So outside of the mods policing the odds, I feel it is as good as it gets.

Last edited by LittleRusty on Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
EBjazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1. I've never understood why people do that. It's easier to delete the ad- I always do. It makes sense when there's multiple items, but not with one item. Perhaps there may be a sale pending, but how hard is it re-run the ad?

Eb
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
etc-etc
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is done to induce remorse in the undecided buyers who sat on the fence until the item was sold.
Brian Moon
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EBjazz wrote:
+1. I've never understood why people do that. It's easier to delete the ad- I always do. It makes sense when there's multiple items, but not with one item. Perhaps there may be a sale pending, but how hard is it re-run the ad?

Eb

I agree Eric.

etc-etc wrote:
This is done to induce remorse in the undecided buyers who sat on the fence until the item was sold.

You hit the nail on the head. If they had any guts they would list the real sale price too.

Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Moderators have no power in the Marketplace. Only Todd (sysadmin) can delete a post there.
mark936
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: here's one Reply with quote

This is a DEG Signature model Eb trumpet made in Lake Geneva Wisconsin. DEG was founded by Donald Getzen, shortly after he left the Getzen Company in 1965. I can't find a serial number list but I think this is from the 1970s. The trumpet is in Eb and retains most of its lacquer. It as a few bumps and shallow dents but is in overall good playing shape. All of the braces are solid, the valves are in good shape and the slides all pull except the second valve slide. It plays well with a bright light sound. Good starter or occasional Eb. This comes with a very solid wood case that was made for this horn. The case is in very good shape. No mouthpiece is provided. ON EBAY with a starting bid of $250 and a Buy It Now of $400. If the link doesn't work search ebay for Deg Eb trumpet and I'm sure you'll find it.
More information on this item
Category: High Trumpets
Item price: $250.00

User information
Username: Wrms [view all ads from Wrms]
View registry entry for Wrms View forum posts by Wrms
Member of TH since: Wednesday, May 4, 2005: 10:26 am
Brian Moon
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: here's one Reply with quote

mark936 wrote:
This is a DEG Signature model Eb trumpet made in Lake Geneva Wisconsin.
Category: High Trumpets
Item price: $250.00

User information
Username: Wrms [view all ads from Wrms]
View registry entry for Wrms View forum posts by Wrms
Member of TH since: Wednesday, May 4, 2005: 10:26 am

I'll offer $50.

BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, Brian . . . aren't you the same guy who won an eBay auction from me some 9 or 10 years ago, and you didn't complete the deal (in other words, you didn't pay for the horn)?

Not only did I have to pay for the eBay auction, you also threw a monkey wrench into my crumbling finances at the time, as I recall vividly.

And now you're going to whine about other people's behavior? Sounds like hypocrisy to me. Or, maybe like somebody who lives in a glass house, throwing lots of big stones.

My estimation of the character of Brian Moon:
WxJeff
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian Moon
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeboppinFool wrote:
Gee, Brian . . . aren't you the same guy who won an eBay auction from me some 9 or 10 years ago, and you didn't complete the deal (in other words, you didn't pay for the horn)?

Not only did I have to pay for the eBay auction, you also threw a monkey wrench into my crumbling finances at the time, as I recall vividly.

And now you're going to whine about other people's behavior? Sounds like hypocrisy to me. Or, maybe like somebody who lives in a glass house, throwing lots of big stones.

My estimation of the character of Brian Moon:

Rich you accused me of this several years ago but I thought you were talking about music and I still don't know what you are talking about.

Maybe you could tell me what horn you are talking about? I don't remember ever doing that.

Maybe if you had a problem you should have told me more before? You have been stewing that long?

What was the eBay screen name?

First thing, if an item doesn't sell you don't pay much, if at all, in eBay fees. I think that you are badly mistaken. Your finances? Get real

BeboppinFool

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian Moon wrote:
Rich you accused me of this several years ago but I thought you were talking about music and I still don't know what you are talking about.

Maybe you could tell me what horn you are talking about? I don't remember ever doing that.

Maybe if you had a problem you should have told me more before? You have been stewing that long?

What was the eBay screen name?

Correction, I did not accuse you. I simply stated a fact.

And I have not been "stewing" all this time. I'm afraid you are just not important enough for me to have devoted that much energy to your little cause.

Between reading your offensive characterization of a fine young trumpeter in a recent thread and then seeing your indignation regarding TH Marketplace sellers, it struck me as funny that you, of all people, would have such high expectations of others' behavior.

I have the information but it will take some doing to unearth it all to demonstrate that my integrity is intact and yours is what is in question. You could speed up the process by telling me what your eBay username was back then.

Which makes me wonder why you have more than one eBay username?
Brian Moon
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeboppinFool wrote:

Which makes me wonder why you have more than one eBay username?

If you can't tell me the user name I think that you are really confused. You make incorrect assumptions and plant them in your statements as fact.

How about the email address? What was the horn? You haven't even mentioned that yet either. I think that you have confused me with someone else. Your illogic of your other accusation does not help your case.

Let's have some facts. Did you leave feedback? The answer to that is no. Why not?

What year do you claim that this happened? Date?

BeboppinFool

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very clever. I have tens (maybe hundreds) of thousands of emails I would have to search through, but how could I forget Brian Moon, especially when you defaulted on a transaction. Just tell me your username back in 2002, maybe 2003. Mine is TrumpetJunkie. With your username I'd find it.
Brian Moon
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find the user name. If someone simply didn't pay you wouldn't even know their real name. Did you leave feedback? You have claims but can't recall the horn, the user name, the email, or the feedback? Untiil you come up with this info I can't help you.

For my book you are at the very best, confused. Your off the wall comment about the other thread just make you sound even more out in left field.

Did you leave feedback?

Answer = no

I would bet that I have never even bid on one of your auctions, much less won one.

I have 6 feedbacks from 2002-03. None of them you. I didn't leave you any either.

I suggest that you delete all of your libelous statements.

BeboppinFool

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the reluctance to reveal your username? That is the only way I will be able to find it in my huge back-up archives. If you're still hiding that then you must still have something to hide. The fact that I didn't leave feedback proves nothing. I frequently leave no feedback.

Waiting for your username.
Brian Moon
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeboppinFool wrote:
Why the reluctance to reveal your username? That is the only way I will be able to find it in my huge back-up archives.

BS. Your archives can't be searched by date and name?

I thought that you were mistaken but at this point it looks like you are nothing but a fraud. When you come up with anything let me know.

Can't even say what horn it was? This must be your idea of a joke.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Reveille All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: