• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

How do you feel about R/P being locked down?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Reveille
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: How do you feel about R/P being locked down? Reply with quote

ARB wrote:
HEY man you got something against black kettles?

JUST KIDDING!!!

I get the joke and if it really does bother you let me know. It never occurred to me that it might bother someone.
ARB
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: How do you feel about R/P being locked down? Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:
ARB wrote:
HEY man you got something against black kettles?

JUST KIDDING!!!

I get the joke and if it really does bother you let me know. It never occurred to me that it might bother someone.

Rusty I was kidding; I have much much thicker skin that that. I was just trying to lighten the mood a bit.

00 Schilke S22
77 LA Benge 5X
63 Burbank Benge C

"It's what we think we know that keeps us from knowing"
bandman322
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MODS -- please leave R/P closed and delete this thread.
Bb - Bach Strad 180ML-37

"To be a teacher you need to be as good a performer as you can be: you'll have more to impart to your students musically." - John Haynie
ZeroMan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Moderators specifically told us that it was not one post nor one poster (or an identifiable group) that was responsible for the current shutdown. They wrote that the general tone of the entire R/P board was undesirable.
MilesD
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bandman322 wrote:

Bandman

I second the motion.

People like the loser users Trumpet356 get R/P shut down, and now because Trumpet356 came in here with his ugly hate filled attitude now this thread is gonna be deleted

Trumpet: Red Maestro and Yamaha
Mouthpiece: Holton Heim

Last edited by MilesD on Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
MilesD
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: How do you feel about R/P being locked down? Reply with quote

trumpet356 wrote:
This is really just too funny. Miles starts this thread, bemoaning the fate of R&P, subtly blaming "the jerks" for bringing the high tone of debate down to the gutter:

MilesD wrote:
Just curious guys. How do you feel about R/P being locked down and why? I think it is an interesting forum and Ive learned much about world politics, but theres far to much arguments and mud slinging going on in there

MilesD wrote:
As for me I wouldnt mind seeing it back up but theres far to many jerks that hang out in there.

Its also a nice place to go if youre pee'd off and wanna have an arguement and kind of like Archie Bunkers living room. And you sure can count on being called a 'meathead' or worse by someone in there

MilesD wrote:
[Ya thats what bothered me about R/P. To many outspoken individuals who would dump on your head if your opinion wavers from thiers.

MilesD wrote:
The point here is that there will be jerks anywhere becasuse the web is a reflection of society, and unfortunately society has lots of them, so the lounge is not exempt.

R/P is full of nuts that are so entrenched in thier views, that if you waver then you are sure to be blasted. Sorry but thats just not right

And then, when I bring in the actual quotes that this guy made in one of the last threads of R&P, before it was pulled - proving he was one of the guys who helped create the tone he complains about here - this is somehow "unfair"?

Take responsibility. You're part of the problem you've tried to whine about with this thread.

Since you are incapable of taking a subtle hint Trumpet356, Ill spell it out for your pea brain in graphic terms. Youre a worthless moron Trumpet356. Drop it -

Trumpet: Red Maestro and Yamaha
Mouthpiece: Holton Heim

trumpet356
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MilesD wrote:
People like the loser users Trumpet356 get R/P shut down, and now because Trumpet356 came in here with his ugly hate filled attitude now this thread is gonna be deleted

MilesD wrote:
Since you are incapable of taking a subtle hint Trumpet356, Ill spell it out for your pea brain in graphic terms. Youre a worthless moron Trumpet356. Drop it and -

Man, is this great or what! I feel like Perry Mason, where at the end of the show, he gets the suspect to spill his guts on the stand and admit to the crime............LOL!!

Miles, thanks for this priceless moment - really.

Your Honor - the Defense rests.
Ohanapecosh
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Uhm, this is Reveille NOT R&P so the "shut down" rules may not apply, but after reading subsequent post I think a few should be taken out to the wood shed by the Mods.... and not for practice.

Come on Miles, don't let him get under your skin, it's not worth it and I know you're a better man than your latest post... let it go, please.
Moderators
TH Moderator Group

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the last post a fitting end to this thread and wise advice to posters.

"Write twice, post once."

This thread is now locked but left in view to help document the reasons R/P was shut down. - Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Reveille All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: