• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Holton Lewellyn Trumpet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
newtrumpetguy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Holton Lewellyn Trumpet Reply with quote

I'm getting one of these Lewellyns but it doesn't come with the original mouthpiece. Does anyone know if the Holton Heim mouthpieces on mouthpieceexpress.com are exact copies of the originals? or where I could find an original?
Capt.Kirk
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No the new Heim is not like the original model. I believe Kanstul can make you a copy of the original! If you move this to the MP forum you could get more help. I am not a Heim guy I only know what I have heard other's on this forum say about the old versus the new ones. Good Luck!
supportlivejazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: Holton Lewellyn Trumpet Reply with quote

newtrumpetguy wrote:
I'm getting one of these Lewellyns but it doesn't come with the original mouthpiece. Does anyone know if the Holton Heim mouthpieces on mouthpieceexpress.com are exact copies of the originals? or where I could find an original?
I have owned a few vintage Heim mps and as I recall they were not all the same at least in appearance... but not sure. I do own both the #1 and #2 Heim Holton versions and regardless of whether they are the same, I use the #2 a lot and it's one of my favorites. I intend to try the Kanstul Gustat 2 at some point, but have not found one used and (I like a bargain).

"I'm not apologizing, I am what I am. There'll be no compromising, I don't give a damn."
newtrumpetguy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being this in the horn forum. Who has personally owned a Lewellyn? What do you like about it? I looked up the serial number at holtonloyalist.com and the one I'm getting appears to be a 1931 model.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: