• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

New Connstellation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
plp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was checking out the UMI site after reading all the good press the V-1 seems to be getting, and discovered they make something called a 52-B Connstellation. After making all the necessary warding spells to overcome the heresy and sacrilige, I thought it might be appropriate to ask anyone who has actually played one what they thought.
gord-o
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have actually made the Conn 52B for several years longer than the V1. The 52B and the King Legend trumpet are really almost the same horn, the difference being the 52B has a two piece bell. I've played both horns and I think they're pretty good horns with good sounds, but not as good as the V1. The 52B plays nothing like my Conn 38B, but Conn has called a lot of different types of horns Connstellation over the years, haven't they? The 52B seems to be targeted to the advancing student or to casual players.
plankowner110
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new CONN 52B Connstellation is a pro horn in every aspect except that it has a seamless, rather than a one-piece bell. It plays very nicely and comes with a beautiful pro case (with optional case cover), MVW system valve caps, and is beautifully engraved on the bell. It will do the job on a Saturday night gig or concert band performance. I recommend this horn to my advanced students who desire a silver trumpet but do not plan to major in music in college. I think it is a very fine value.
blasticore
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played one of those a while back in a music store and was very pleased with it. It was a generally easy horn to play on, and the weighted caps made it so much versatile an instument. I could go as far as recommending the horn to someone.
nextbrassguy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I THINK I heard recently that the new Connstellation is being phased out of production.
Is this correct? Any thoughts on whether I should try to pick one up at a discount?
JackD
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played one with a satin finish at a music shop, and it was so pretty I almost bought it. It doesn't play as well as the V1 in my opinion, but it still felt pretty nice. As someone has already said, it seems to be a lower model than the V1 (2 piece bell, no fancy choices like different tuning slides etc.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: