• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Trumpet Concerto CDs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JazzTrumpet19

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UGH!! I'm so frustrated! I can't find a copy of Timofei's Arutunian recording anywhere!! There's other recordings that I want also: Neruda, Tomasi, and all those great sonatas......but I can't find any of them anywhere. It looks like I'm going to have to buy like 7 or 8 CDs --- I wish I could find one CD with all these awesome compositions on it. I can't really afford to buy a lot of CDs...and Kazaa is horrendous......hmm maybe I could borrow my private instructors....Can you guys please give me some CD stores online that might carry these recordings? Thanks
trumpetplayer87
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try looking them up at MP3.com, you may be able to buy individual songs and then download them.

Bonnie
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nonsense Eliminator
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bite the bullet and buy the CDs. In no time you'll find yourself with 15 different recordings of the Haydn Concerto...
gjg mg52

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking for concertos, Charlie Schlueter has a new cd out called, "Trumpet Concertos" which has the Haydn, Hummel, Tartini and Neruda. It's a great cd and you can get it through his website http://www.cschlueter.com if you go to the Foundation link. You'll really enjoy it.
Nonsense Eliminator
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, gjg, 10 posts, 9 of them about Schlueter! Do you get a commission or something?
DavesTrumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2003-07-22 13:23, Nonsense Eliminator wrote:
Wow, gjg, 10 posts, 9 of them about Schlueter! Do you get a commission or something?

hahahah I was thinking the same thing, like perhaps this poster is a plant. Guess you have to do what you have to do to make a sale these days.

Well, my turn -

Back to Dokshizer. He recently (like today) released a CD of concertos called, "Classic Concertos for Trumpet". The program includes the Haydn, Hummel and Neruda. Recording dates of each - Hummel, 1968; Neruda, 1996; and Haydn, 1990. Total time - 50:48. This disc is availble through me. Price is $15. (I know this isn't Marketplace, so excuse the commercial but at least it's somewhat on topic).

Also concerning the Dokshizer Arutunian recording. Be patient. It may become available in the very near future.

Dave M
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Recordings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: