• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

FLHG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found my old Pivot System Manual (my *really* old one . . . apparently I have two of the trumpet books) and saw this abbreviation all over the place in there (in my own handwriting).

It reminded me that Doc was on my case one lesson about my left hand grip. He told me that half of my problems (at that time) were due to a weak left hand grip. He kept telling me to use a "Firm Left-Hand Grip" and I decided to remind myself of that often — in writing.

And now I'm relearning the FLHG lesson. It amazes me how one "little" thing like my grip can have so much impact on so many areas of my playing.

I used to wonder what he meant by left hand grip "in identical position" until I asked him, and he said that just meant to use the same grip every time. Duh!

This broken arm/sprained wrist episode messed with my grip quite a bit, and now I can grip the horn "normally" but I'm still having problems working my 1st & 3rd valve slides. That'll come, though.

But I figured I'd share this with the rest of you, just in case somebody else needed to relearn the grip lesson.

Rich
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: