• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Stork 5C/5C+ vs. Bach 5C

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DR_DIRT_MAN
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was also wondering if anyone one out there has played all of these mouthpieces and can tell me how they compared? Is the stork 5c the same rim Dia. as the Bach 5c or the same cup depth? I saw on one comparison chart comparing it to a Bach 8c. Is the Stork 5c+ the same as a Stork 5c except a somewhat deeper cup? Is the sound you get with the stork 5c/5c+ similar or different than the Bach 5c? Any differences on range or endurance between the 3? Thanks.
slip0106
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played the Vacchiano 5's for a while. A little smaller than a Bach 3C, perhaps a bite clearer sound than the stock 5C's I've played. Pretty good "bite" on the inside.

Depending on the type of music you are playing, you too might check out their Studio Master Series.

Give them a call (888)287-8675. They are very nice & have always been helpful.

Regards,

Michael

PS - mouthpieceexpress.com has a lot of mpc catalogs on their website you can check out. Have fun ... enjoy mpc madness!!!
pfrank
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't comment on the exact rim size as I use Stork's 4 rim, not the 5. And I don't play a Bach 5C at this time either, but they are in the same ballpark. From Stork 3 to 4 size is very little difference, .10th of an inch, but I'm not familiar with the change from 4 to 5. The Curry 5 oir the Warburton 4, yes, not the Bach or Stork.
The Stork 5C, like all their C cups will be more V shaped than a Bach 5C (although there is variation in Bach's depth through the sizes). It would feel shallower and play brighter (the Stork). The Stork C+ cup has more of an undercut and is more bowel shaped. I get a much better tone from the C+ than the C, but it's not a lead mp, more for all around.
The Stork rim is not as fat as Bach, but it is very comfortable and more grip-able than Bach.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: