• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Anyone Have The Bill Adam Video Series For Sale?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrassClass
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If so, please email me.

Thanks!
_dcstep
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't exactly what you're looking for, but it's got some elements you'll like;

http://www.berttruax.com/Lessons.htm

Dave
mcstock
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2003-09-03 19:23, dcstep wrote:
This isn't exactly what you're looking for, but it's got some elements you'll like;

http://www.berttruax.com/Lessons.htm

Dave

First, let me be clear, I studied with Bert for years and he was a hugh influence in getting my playing back on track. Currently I'm studying with Karl Sievers at OU (only one lesson with Mr. Adam so far.) Also Bert did study with Mr. Adam for a year or so before going to Curtis and there is some of Mr. Adam's influence in his teaching (more apparent in person than on the DVD).

However, as the DVD is mostly devoted to his approach to the Stamp routines and how to buzz the mouthpiece correctly, I can't recommend it as a substitute for the Adam videos. There's just nothing like watching Mr. Adam work with individual students and then explain the "whys" afterward to the interviewer.

Again, no disrespect to Bert or his DVD, for people wanting to learn about Stamp who don't have access to a qualified teacher it's a great help. (Much better than the books that have come out about how to play the Stamp exercises. IMHO). But it simply isn't directly related to Adam to be considered an alternative to the videos.

Best wishes,

Matt

[ This Message was edited by: mcstock on 2003-09-04 18:01 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Bill Adam All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: