• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

My Hurricane Sandy Performance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Turkle
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: My Hurricane Sandy Performance Reply with quote

Hello, all. Here's proof that art lovers don't take a day off because of a little hurricane.

Last Monday, as Hurricane Sandy started really kicking butt, I was in the middle of a practice session (cooped up in the house all day? TIME TO WOODSHED). I was overcome with a certain feeling, so I took the ol' C trumpet outside on my porch.

With crazy wind gusts going on all around, I played Charlier #2. That beautiful ballad reverberated across my deserted street as the storm raged overhead. It was quite moving. I think I fracked a few notes because I kept flinching when the wind gusts really kicked up. All part of my ode to a force more terrifying than we're used to.

I had planned to play more, but I was pretty scared out there, so I went in.

A few days later, I found this taped to my porch:

How about that!

We were among the very lucky ones - no flooding, didn't even lose power. Some of my friends and family were not so lucky, and we've spent the last week cleaning flooded apartments and offering our own as shelter to displaced friends.

I hope all of you and yours made it through the storm OK!

Cheers,

Turkle, NYC
mattdalton
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool story and what a great thing for someone to make that poster for you!

And hats off to you and others who are working to help people clean up and be safe after the storm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: