• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Shenandoah Conservatory of Music

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nichols902

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I'm currently going into my third year as an undergraduate in orchestral composition here at SCM. I was wondering if any of you guys ever auditioned here or even got a degree here! I am a trumpet/piano minor with plans on MM and DMA in NYC for orchestral conducting.

SCM, Winchester VA
Mt.Vernon Stradivarius C serial #23xxx
Silver/Gold Stradivarius Bb #486xxx
kjb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a couple of guys here in Boston who attended Shenandoah, but none of them graduated.
Mean Liberal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a friend who will be a freshman cello major at SU, I think her degree is in music industry or something of the sort, but anyhow she is extremely happy with her cello professor and the lack of general education requirements at conservatory! Come to think of it, I know a flute player studying over there too who is happy with the school.

The orchestra director at my high school grduated from SU but she advises all of her students not to go there because of the tuition costs; she feels that public schools offer the same education at a much lower cost. In fact, all of my teachers share this opinion. I still think conservatory life would be very exciting though!

I know there is another trumpet major attending SU that has posted on the TH, his name is JellyTrumpeter I believe. Maybe he could give more useful info, but hey, this is the best I can do! Good luck on the rest of your college education, my first class start tomorrow and I'm getting a bit nervous!

Bb Trumpets: Bach Stradivarius 37, Mt. Vernon Bach Mercury

Mouthpiece: Schilke 11
Nichols902

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2003-08-24 10:41, Mean Liberal wrote:
I have a friend who will be a freshman cello major at SU, I think her degree is in music industry or something of the sort, but anyhow she is extremely happy with her cello professor and the lack of general education requirements at conservatory! Come to think of it, I know a flute player studying over there too who is happy with the school.

The orchestra director at my high school grduated from SU but she advises all of her students not to go there because of the tuition costs; she feels that public schools offer the same education at a much lower cost. In fact, all of my teachers share this opinion. I still think conservatory life would be very exciting though!

I know there is another trumpet major attending SU that has posted on the TH, his name is JellyTrumpeter I believe. Maybe he could give more useful info, but hey, this is the best I can do! Good luck on the rest of your college education, my first class start tomorrow and I'm getting a bit nervous!

Hey there! Im willing to bet I know some of your friends, and my roomate is principal cellist so im sure he will know your cellist friend very soon!
smithwatkinsguy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit nervous? *Bites nails*...I move into to U of Hartford (Hartt School) tomorrow and I have placement auditions on Tuesday. I'm quite anxious and excited and all of the such. I really don't know what to think but I know it's gonna be fun and I hope I place well
Rhode Island All-State Orchestra
The Hartt School of Music
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nichols902

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend Matt from highschool goes to Hartt for violin performance, if you ever come across him, tell him Steve from highschool says hi!
-Nichols
TNguyen529

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Steve...guess who this is...i went to SU...graduated last May...you were at my place for NYE last year.

So how's it goin there at SU? Things are goin well here at Cincinnati...i just joined the trumpetherald and was doin random readings on the forum and found your post!

Hope all is goin well and drop me an e-mail sometime!

-khoa
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Schools All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: