• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Finger Button

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cornetist SPSMB

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Finger Button Reply with quote

Guys,I was practicing a fast passage when "POP",the finger button of my courtois cornet came out,any advice on how I could put it back,it doesn't fit when I try to put it back in though
Louise Finch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Are you referring to the pearl inlayed top of the finger button?

If so, I believe that these are glued in. This is what my husband did when his Yamaha tenor horn one came off.

However, it coming out with a pop, and not appearing to fit when you try to push it back in, suggests that the courtois ones, rather than being glued in, are oversized in such a way that they are held in without any glue.

I am not familiar with this. A telephone call to a tech, or repair supplies company (i.e. Windcraft Ltd if you are based in the UK), would be a good idea, if nobody on this forum is able to help.

All the best

Lou
B&H Oxford
Kanstul F Besson C
Yamaha D and D/Eb
- James R New Custom 3Cs
Flugel:
Bach Strad 183 - Bach 3CFL
Cornets:
Yamaha Neo + Xeno
Bach Strad 184ML
B&H Imperial
- Kanstul Custom 3Cs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: