• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

CD Recorders

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHS_Trumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much do these run. I'm looking for better recording quality than a little 4 track tape recorder I've got.
_Don Herman
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With mixer or without? How many channels? How much track time? How many effects, phantom power onboard, etc. etc, etc. Pro or consumer? Why not use one in your PC?

If you mean a small hard-disk system (several channels which can record CDs, they start under $1000 US. A very nice minidisc recorder can be had for $200- $300. The Roland VS890, which replaced the 880EX I use at home, has eight channels (including two digital), a nice user interface, optional plug-in CR-R/RW recorder, and can be had for about $1500. The 840 is around $1000, I think, but the 880 (890 now) was my minimum for features and such.

You can get a cheap interface/converter card and s/w bundle for your PC for less, though the results might not be as good. Probably better than your four-track cassette unit, however.

Check out Sweetwater Sound, American Musical Supply (AMS), Musician's Friend and the like (those three all have web sites; I prefer Sweetawater by far, but it's better to call and talk with someone) for some other info. There are way too many options to detail here.

FWIW - Don
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: