• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Scam Seller Alert

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcgovnor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Scam Seller Alert Reply with quote

I've sold and purchased tons of mouthpieces, horns and parts on Trumpet Herald, and prefer doing business here more than any other site. Out of hundreds of transactions I've only had two problems, each with a purchase.
Until now. I placed an ad for a Couesnon Flugelhorn leadpipe. A user contacted me, and informed me he had a pipe and outer tube for a Couesnon Grande flugelhorn. I informed the seller I did not own a Couesnon "Grande". He said,m according to his research, all the pipes were interchangeable..He gave me some measurements, and although the pipe was longer, I could not really make a decision until I played the pipe on my horn. We discussed a return, in case it didn't work, and he assured me that was not an issue. I have every email, fyi. I paid, via paypal, and in a manner to save HIM a fee. Upon receipt of the pipe, it was not useable, due to length, inner diameter, and playing response. I contacted the seller and told him so, and informed him I would pay the return shipping, as we agreed upon prior to the sale, and expected a refund. He flat out refused. As I said, I have every email re the sale, and the return was part of the deal, and is, in my request and his response. The seller is Stew Taylor, and I consider this to be akin to stealing. Trumpet Herald is a wonderful site, and this is something TH can live, without. Many of us are players, and successfully use the site to search for parts not found in stores on out of production horns and mouthpieces..honestly.
gbdeamer
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks.

Is Stew Taylor the name he uses here, or is there another one?

If it's not too late contact PayPal and start the dispute process. If you have an e-mail chain where he says you can return it then they may be able to help.
James B. Quick
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, So, we could all think hate thoughts about Stew and try to make him uncomfortable, or we could all send honesty and integrity thoughts to Stew. That'll make him shape up, if he's receiving, anyways...

anon
mcgovnor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Stew had decided to issue a refund upon receipt of the returned leadpipe and outer sleeve.
Re read his email..it said a credit..which I'm not interested in..again, will keep u posted.
And having re-read all the emails, I will make a thread out of this, if a refund is not the outcome. In the meantime, buyer, beware. Dishonesty run amok.
bodybyvi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the information. it was really important one to know about this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Reveille All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: