• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Forum Heirarchy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
_dcstep
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't this forum be under Equipment?
elbobogrande
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're correct, except in that the description under the forum title says the forum is regarding the unique abilities, etc. needed to play these specific horns. Also, if Todd were to put cornets under equipment, in order to follow proper heirarchical form there would be a subgroup under equipment on the same level as cornet/flugelhorn entitled "trumpet." That wouldn't be exactly logical considering the broad topic of the site is, "trumpet."
But... here we go, again, talking semantics/minutia rather than getting to the true purpose of the site.
John

[ This Message was edited by: elbobogrande on 2003-10-13 13:18 ]
trumpetherald
System Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. Yes I struggled with this too. Maybe I need more forum categories .... hmmm. Stay tuned.

TD
_dcstep
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just one added thought, now that the forum's up and running, the posts seem mainly to be equipment oriented. I realize that there might be some discussion of playing differences (if such exist), but the predominance of discussion seems headed in the "equipment" direction.

BTW, I'm now wondering how many "Natural Trumpet" afficianados and players there are in this group. Might we attract some if we had such a forum? (You know, build it and they will come). I came close to purchasing such a beast not long ago. With a little push I might go over that line.

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: