• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Just bought a Callet X5 Buddy and it is special!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rod Haney
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Just bought a Callet X5 Buddy and it is special! Reply with quote

Have a friend who played a lot with Buddy Childers in LA and though the world of his playing and musicianship. He knew I had purchased the SIMA and really liked the sound on a weekly Skype lesson. He spotted the MP on Ebay and said if I could get it for cheap I should try it as he thought it would be a piece I would like (he had played it before). So I bid 30$ and won it and it got here yesterday. Well, what a sound. It may take me a few days to fully hear everything this has, but it is by far the best of 9 MP I have and takes the sound of this horn to another level. I was already impressed with the big sound I got with the horn, the intonation, and of course the efficiency and ease of blow. But this MP absolutely takes it to another level. Its not a lead type MP (as far as shallow cup) and certainly not a legit type deep cup, but you can get a sound out of it (that to me) takes my sound to a higher level. Like I had another years good practice and was on a good day. Doesn't improve technique or really give me more range (altho the middle c to low C# are much more orchestral) but gives a startling improvement to my tone. Its like hearing a very good trumpet player with good tone play a piece perfectly and then hearing a virtuoso player do the same piece . Both sound good, but you know there is a striking difference somewhere altho the notes and pitches were the same. What a great buy!!
Rod[/u]
trumpetplanet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although he only now sells his current line of Superchops mouthpieces Jerry made some great designs in the past.

As well as my SC3 and SC4 I also have a Callet SOLO and a 10-S V.F.
These are all great mouthpieces.

https://neotericbrass.com/
https://trumpetpla.net/
https://tonguecontrolled.info/
Rod Haney
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trumpetplanet wrote:
Although he only now sells his current line of Superchops mouthpieces Jerry made some great designs in the past.

As well as my SC3 and SC4 I also have a Callet SOLO and a 10-S V.F.
These are all great mouthpieces.

There are so many people who will C&C duplicate this MP that I can get copies with gap sleeves for gap adjustment, so I'm not worried about getting duplicates. If I remain in love with this piece I will probably have 4 made with gap sleeves 2 in gold and 2 in silver. Its just as magical today as it was yesterday. Just sharing, it seems a perfect piece for me, just in time to go with what seems a perfect horn. I actually felt special to be able to play this setup today, it is so much better than I am.
Now I don't have any excuse to blame the equipment, its all on me fo sure now.
Rod
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: