• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

I spoke to Mr. Harrelson today

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaynardProdigy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I spoke with Jason Harrelson today and I decided to send him a spare tuning slide that I have and have. He is gonna put a brace on it, that I designed, for me. I have read just about everything on TH about this guy and all I've heard were negative things. I'm not gonna defend the guy but out of all of these negative things, I've noticed that no one has actualy tried one of his horns.
I'm not a beliver in turning student model trumpets into a pro-horn by adding some bracing. Its like plating a terd in 24k gold. And I think that some of his horns are a bit too much for my taste. I'm also not so intrested in how better my horn will sound if I get mods done by this guy. I belive that I'm the one that make my strad bright or dark. I'm more into personalizing my horn. I'm sending him that extra tuning slide and having him strip it, place a brace in it and then send it back to me. I'll worry about getting it plated and so on. I'm more interested in his craftsmanship and quality of work. I'm sending him a really nice template of what I want and we'll see what happens. This is the only way that I'll be able to cure my curiosity on Harrelson Mods.

Hey, this guy might be full of crap orhe might not. He might just be a really great craftsman. I'll find out soon enough and will definately post some feed back.

TH is definatley the best source of information that I've found on the web on trumpet stuff.

Thank you everyone for your comments on my last topic.

Maynard is the shiznit!!!
plp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My word, what a unique approach. Actually talking to the man, as opposed to endlessly ripping on him on a web site. And to those about to launch into a tirade, I have one question. What do you suppose a prototype Monette or Taylor is worth these days to a collector?

And just what the heck is a shiznit?????
trumpettyler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a followup - did you ever get your tuning slide back from Harrelson? If so, what's the verdict?
David Oulton
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about that definition of "shiznit"? Well whadyaknowaboutthat, it's on the internet...

edit: removed link... trumpet was incorrectly defined... ... as we can see by the next post.

[ This Message was edited by: David Oulton on 2004-01-06 16:40 ]
MarchardFerguson
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked up trumpet, and it was a sexually act
TimBrown
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Its like plating a terd in 24k gold*
("....mental note...scratch this off the to-do list for tomorrow...")

In all serousness, I think it's great youre doing it. I have no interest in having him do any work on my horn...I'm happy with it the way it is. However, I too think that it's a good idea to let the guy prove himself one way or another. Sometimes....I said *sometimes*...once the smoke clears you find that the person is for real.

Wow. I'm 50 next month and actually typed alt that in one breath!

Tim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: