• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Frank Sinatra, Jr.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Scodwell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject: Frank Sinatra, Jr. Reply with quote

Sad news for all of us that had the privilege of working with Frank Sinatra, Jr. He died today of a heart attack in Florida. Frank had gone through a tough year with a divorce and the unbelievable verdict from his sisters that he did not have the right to present a tribute officially to his father. His sister Tina runs the estate and for whatever reason did not allow Frank Jr. to properly honor his father. Sinatra Sr. willed the music to Jr. and who better to honor Sr. on the 100th anniversary of his birth? I was with him from 1968-70 and later on in Las Vegas when he had Buddy Childers as his bandleader at the Four Queens Hotel. Nobody had more musical integrity than Frank Jr. and I will miss him very much.

Tony Scodwell
www.scodwellusa.com
Nos Mo King
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no. Thanks for the post, Tony. I had the great privilege of playing in his band for a couple of concerts during his tour out west here a few years ago. He was a class act and his musical performance was top drawer.

Playing trumpet in his band was a great experience; additionally fantastic was playing next to Tommy Porrello (on lead trumpet and split lead with Walt Johnson); this was one of the best musical playing experiences I have ever had. But foremost was how professional and kind Frank Jr. was to all of the members of his big band. What a loss to the world.

Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tina runs that ship with an iron fist. Rare is the song that lands in a film, and that decision on Jr.'s tribute, bad idea. Jr.'s voice gave me almost as many chills as his dad's, and no one better to honor the father than the son. Frank was "different," though, referring to his father as Frank more often than not, and perhaps that rubbed Tina the wrong way. Nancy seems the most balanced of the three. In any case, RIP Mr. S II.

ed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: