• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Valiant Custom Memphis Series

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nicholas Solomon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Valiant Custom Memphis Series Reply with quote

I'am thinking of buying a Valiant Custom Memphis Series, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these horns and or could tell me anything about them it would be greatly appreciated, thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2017-VALIANT-CUSTOM-MEMPHIS-SERIES-SCHOOL-SILVER-CONCERT-BAND-TRUMPET-/302037397608
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess, from the $500 discount from msrp to the $115 price is that you will regret wasting your money.
Tritone
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least the listing says there's a 30-day return policy (buyer pays shipping), although it would be a bit of money to return the horn from Australia.

The price of just 115 USD, plus the 42.56 USD for shipping to Australia, is just not what one would expect with a quality new horn. The seller has sold 19 of these, the listing indicates, so it may well be a mass-produced item. Perhaps like hubcaps.

I've never played an example of this particular brand/model, but I'm quite aware that a number of cheaply made, ill-performing brands of horns are available around the world for very low prices. It's wise of you to ask for opinions. If I may, I would simply urge caution -- a very great deal of it.
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense intended, but what would you expect from a trumpet that sells new for that price? Probably a nice wall decoration or basis for a lamp.

Brad
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be a little off topic, and I will be glad to start another thread if people this I should, but how can anyone make a profit off a $115 trumpet?

The material costs have to be close to that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: