• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Maurice Andre' "Ballades Pour Trompette"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DR_DIRT_MAN
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard Maurice Andre' for the first time listening to this cd. His playing is sure impressive! He's got to be up there with the greats of all time. What are others opinions of him? Also was wondering if anyone knows if all his playing on this cd is done on a piccolo trumpet ? I'm not too familiar with the differences with a piccolo to a normal sized bflat trumpet. How are they different other than size?
fuzzyjon79
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Maurice Andre's playing too. He is probably best known for his piccolo playing.

I have a great Christmas piccolo piece that you should listen to. Right click this link and click "Save Target As..." and save it to your hard drive and listen to it. It's quite impressive: http://jefowler.tripod.com/HandelGloria.mp3

Modern Bb trumpets consist of about 4.5 feet of tubing... Bb/A piccolos consist of about 2.25 feet of tubing.

Bb piccolo is pitched one octave higher than a Bb trumpet. When you read Bb piccolo music you read everything down an octave, but it sounds up an octave. For example if you play tuning note C on a Bb trumpet, if you play the exact same note on Bb piccolo then it will sound a high C (two ledger lines above the staff).

Go here to learn more about the piccolo trumpet:

http://wcuvax1.wcu.edu/~ulrich/htmlpresentationfolder/piccolo/piccolo.htm

[ This Message was edited by: fuzzyjon79 on 2003-11-22 14:19 ]

[ This Message was edited by: fuzzyjon79 on 2003-11-22 14:21 ]

[ This Message was edited by: fuzzyjon79 on 2003-11-22 14:22 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Recordings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: