• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Producing a dark sound

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rod Haney
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive always just wanted a ‘full’ sound that seems to fill the space as much as possible.

A friend showed me a thing the other day that tricked me into a fuller sound.
I dont advocate lip buzzing but this has about 10 seconds of it involved so YMMV.

Loosen the MP so it comes off easily. Play what you think is you good middle g or c or whatever. Remove the MP while making the note. (When I do this I just get air and have to “artificially start my buzz”. If the buzz wasn’t a tone match for the note then make the buzz match the note. Reinsert the MP and the note will start. In my case and his the new note is much much fuller and fills the space beautifully. It’s the true note to me. I do this once or twice to get a center then play. It seems much easier and the sound is much richer. Not dark, and not bright just filling the air around. Did Horst Fisher sound bright or dark or just sound like he filled the air?
My tendency is to play a bit on top of the note, this helps me find a center and bring as full a resonance as I can to the table. Bright or dark it’s MY sound.
Rod
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Pedagogy All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: