• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

DR. VALVE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
onlyson
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: DR. VALVE Reply with quote

It's such a blessing to have a top tier repairman in my area. And Steve Wynans aka. Dr. Valve is so much more. His restorations are amazing. I bought one of his "Super Bach" projects earlier this year and it is my daily player. I've asked him why he doesn't advertise his projects and used horns on Trumpet Herald and he's a bit conflicted about it.

So I told him I would post a review of some of the horns I got to play at his shop yesterday, and he said that would be OK.

First a totally rebuilt early Elkhart Bach 37. Valve rebuild, new silver plate, all new slides that fit better and run smoother that anything you'll ever get from the factory. Like a new horn with a beautiful sound. Everything you ever wanted in a 37.

A late '60's Schilke B2. Hardly used. Lots of zing for those big band gigs.

A 1954 Martin Committee.Totally restored. Valves, lacquer,etc. Sounds amazing. Very warm tone for those sweet ballads.

A 1947 Committee Deluxe restored by Schilke in the 1970's with valve rebuild and silver plating. The engraving is totally intact and amazing. This horn has a bit more sizzle in the sound than the other Committee and is a bit more versatile.

Monette MF Maynard model. Never played a Monette before, and it would be hard for this humble musician to justify the price to my Mrs. But I've never played a horn that was so easy, or slotted so well above high C. So if you're a doctor or a lawyer, or your rich Aunt just passed away and left you some $, this might be the horn for you.

All of these horns can be viewed on the "ForSale" page at:

www.doctorvalve.com
1951 Martin Committee Deluxe #3 Bore
Couesnon Flugel
Carol Pocket Trumpet
yourbrass
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to praise a great repairman. We work in the backrooms and basements and may not want the light of fame. It takes time with some instruments to bring out the best in them.
https://yourbrass.com/
ALaschiver
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Dr. Valve Reply with quote

If you didn't have so many projects, maybe I could get my horns, out of there! (just joking) Steve has done many Bessons and Benges for me..some extensive....and "they play!"..Steve's a player..so the horns get played and adjusted.

He also understands "period correct"
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best valves, hands down, on any horn I have ever owned were the ones Steve rebuilt on three of my horns.

Brad
AveryCyrus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve is the best
AveryCyrus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His work is top notch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: