• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Jesus Christ Superstar Live

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tubbs831
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Jesus Christ Superstar Live Reply with quote

Anyone know who is playing trumpet?

I thought I might have seen Frank Greene in the brief shot of the trumpets bu uncertain.
deleted_user_02066fd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't tell. They were only on a camera on brief time. John Legend rocks big time in the role of Jesus!
FDC05
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that was Ravi Best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80GXyHCg7Xk
EdMann
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trpts were Ravi Best and Shawn Edmonds.
area51recording
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peanuts56 wrote:
Couldn't tell. They were only on a camera on brief time. John Legend rocks big time in the role of Jesus!

....nah. check out ANY Ted Neely performance on YT if you want to REALLY hear it done right......
cheiden
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

area51recording wrote:
peanuts56 wrote:

....nah. check out ANY Ted Neely performance on YT if you want to REALLY hear it done right......

I liked some of what JL brought to the roll, but he's not nearly the actor the roll needed. And as good as his voice is, he's more of a baritone, and the part is written for a tenor. Of course, Ted Neely went way beyond that. I saw JCSS live with Ted around 2010 and he still had the chops.
Bach 3C rim on 1.5C underpart
deleted_user_02066fd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheiden wrote:
area51recording wrote:
peanuts56 wrote:

I liked some of what JL brought to the roll, but he's not nearly the actor the roll needed. And as good as his voice is, he's more of a baritone, and the part is written for a tenor. Of course, Ted Neely went way beyond that. I saw JCSS live with Ted around 2010 and he still had the chops.

Ted Neeley considers himself to be a baritone as well according to his Wikipedia page.
I saw the movie in 73 but don't remember too much about it. Is Neeley still playing Jesus? He might be doing the role with a walker at his age!!!!!!
dstdenis
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peanuts56 wrote:

I think Legend did a great job. I like that he didn't try to mimic either the Gillan or Neeley versions, but did his own interpretation.

I thought this was a spectacular production. The ending, with the separating wall and fade into bright light, was just amazing.
Piccolo Stomvi
area51recording
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheiden wrote:
area51recording wrote:
peanuts56 wrote:

I saw Ted on Broadway in.....1972! Talk about staying power....he's STILL killin' it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: