• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Cannonball trumpets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seymor B Fudd
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:21 am    Post subject: Cannonball trumpets Reply with quote

Well, I, eh had a memory break down - not Callichio but Cannonball was the name of the horn on display.'
So same questions: quality, applicability, reputation etc.'
Hoping you´ll forgive me.....however I got myself new knowledge, might come in handy.
Yamaha YCR6330II
Getzen Eterna Eb
Trumpets:
Yamaha 6335 RC Schilke 14B
King Super 20 Symphony DB (1970)
Selmer Eb/D trumpet (1974)
LaTrompeta
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good horns. Made by a company in Utah, but I believe that they are manufactured by Kanstul (used to be B&S). The stone-lined horns are some of the strangest things I've ever played, but some are real players. Their latest horns play well, are light and responsive and have a good feel to them. I would say they are more "classical" horns, but with a lighter feel. Probably not going to project like a Bach, but you may enjoy that.

I personally know several of their reps. Randy Lee, the professor at UF endorses them.
Seymor B Fudd
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaTrompeta wrote:
Good horns. Made by a company in Utah, but I believe that they are manufactured by Kanstul (used to be B&S). The stone-lined horns are some of the strangest things I've ever played, but some are real players. Their latest horns play well, are light and responsive and have a good feel to them. I would say they are more "classical" horns, but with a lighter feel. Probably not going to project like a Bach, but you may enjoy that.

I personally know several of their reps. Randy Lee, the professor at UF endorses them.

Thanks! Yes maybe so - The Bach Commercial did project, oh yes, but I think I´m better off with a horn with "more resistance" & and that elusive concept "core".
Also, still mounting my old warhorse the King I´m probably more used to "classical" horns.
Reason asking I´m looking for a new horn giving more in return or "bang for the bucks". However could be I´m just missing my youth
"Stone lined" - what´s that?
Yamaha YCR6330II
Getzen Eterna Eb
Trumpets:
Yamaha 6335 RC Schilke 14B
King Super 20 Symphony DB (1970)
Selmer Eb/D trumpet (1974)
brassmusician
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play the 789RL model and have done for about 10 years. The stone thing is a precious stone placed on the bottom leg of the main tuning slide receiver, in a position that supposedly improves the harmonic series - just an added mass effect. My horn is very responsive, fairly well slotted, very in tune and very free blowing. A few years back I went to a few music shops and played around 20 pro horns. The only ones I thought were better, or a better version of what I played was a couple of Schilkes. Everything else was just different, not better or worse in my opinion. Good aural feedback from the large bell. Very robustly made. Takes a lot of air.
Wick 2BFL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: