• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Getzen 900DLX and 907DLX - thoughts?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjborg

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for those insights, Goby and Dayton! That's exactly what I wanted to know, and not what I'm looking for (even though I love the looks of the horn and like the sound of my Getzen C, which is not bright for a C).

Last edited by cjborg on Mon May 01, 2023 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dayton
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If anyone has relevant experience playing the Getzen 900 DLX, I'd very much appreciate your opinion and if you know, whether it plays relatively similarly to my other Getzen horns.

The 900DLX is a fairly bright horn (and such a fun horn to play!). The 907DLX is less bright, but still brighter (to me) than a Bach 18037. If you are looking for an all-purpose horn you might find the 907DLX to be a better match than the 900DLX.

I mainly use my 900DLX for large ensembles, and my Getzen Canadian Brass CB10 for church and small ensembles, though I have used my 900DLX for just about everything at one point or another, with no issues. A deeper mouthpiece works nicely with the 900DLX if you want a warmer sound.
deandesi1@comcast.net

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a brand new one. I have my original 1979 Eterna but marching band and such had its hands on it.

I just got back into playing again seriously and tried a bunch of old used horns and said what the heck, and bought the 900dlx with the lacquer finish. I'd played some newer yamahas and a bach. Looked at a lot of online reviews and pulled the trigger. No regrets. Easy to play. Valves are Getzen. Love the horn. Now my real struggle is reading music again after 40 years.....
1978 Getzen Eterna
George RawlinFlugelhorn
2020 Austin custom brass doubler cornet

1939 Pan American Cornet.
1917 JW York B-flat/A trumpet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: