• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

buzzing, long tones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chuck in ny
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject: buzzing, long tones Reply with quote

to those who do the mouthpiece buzz. i have gone through daniel's 'special studies' and buzz played normal duration notes. after quite a bit it occurred to me to try buzzing longer tones. it had actually come down to a choice between that and continuing to push buzz range. the range on my 61 key keyboard goes over double C, and not aspiring to playing screaming music there was no lust or desire to acquire higher notes. that left attempting to increase endurance with longer buzzes.
i have been increasing buzz duration by small amounts and doing well with no embouchure strain. it greatly helps centering notes. a couple of months of this will reveal whether this increases endurance or has regrettable consequences.
CJceltics33
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you posted this. Just today I was doing the efficiency studies and decided to buzz them on the mouthpiece. The whole study, specifically the whole note crescendo/decrecendo at the end was much harder on the mouthpiece. I figured I would continue to do this for added control, response, and efficiency practice, so it’s interesting you mention that it may increase endurance as well. Will have to try this.
chuck in ny
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJ

for the sake of survival what were previously glissandos are one note at a time, with a rest before the next note. i like the low register on the keyboard needing added lip extension, or pucker, as well as pushing into the high notes. the greatest difficulty is incidental, ear training and improving sense of pitch. there is only so much gas in the tank and about five minutes of buzzing including rest time is plenty of work. you can do a lot with the daniel material and use it in different ways and circumstances and make up your own drills.
Tobylou8
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to follow this thread simply because mpc buzzing is interesting to me as an aside to trumpet playing. I'm not familiar with Daniels and his webpage won't load on my computer.
FrankM
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for him on YouTube.
Besson Meha Bb Tpt
Selmer 99 Radial
Conn Connstelation 36B
Conn Connstelation 28A
B&H Sovereign Cornet
Yamaha 635T Flugel Horn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: