• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

best electric razor

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ayryq
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi-Note76 wrote:

Clearly, the moderators don't have the kind of integrity, judgment, or both that are befitting of the position of a forum moderator

Yeah, we should cut their salary until they shape up.

Edit, I just checked and the moderator of this particular subforum is trumpetherald. I.e. the guy running and probably paying for the whole forum.
DEG Signature 2000 Bb/A picc
Yamaha YTR-9835 Bb/A picc
Yamaha Bobby Shew flugel
Yamaha Neo cornet
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ayryq wrote:
Hi-Note76 wrote:

Clearly, the moderators don't have the kind of integrity, judgment, or both that are befitting of the position of a forum moderator

Yeah, we should cut their salary until they shape up.

Edit, I just checked and the moderator of this particular subforum is trumpetherald. I.e. the guy running and probably paying for the whole forum.

Note that while Todd does pay the costs of maintaining this website, he also receives income from the advertising on the website that I am pretty sure more than pays the costs of the site (and I am glad he does!).

I think blaming the moderators for the acts of jerks is misguided.
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

etc-etc wrote:
The OP is a verbatim copy of a post from 2012 appearing on a different website.

"Let me Google this for you" link:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=I+know+he+doesn%27t+like+having+whiskers.

PM to Moderators sent.

That strange google this for you link you sent leads to dozens of websites and I am not seeing the one you were referring to.

But if you just go to google and put quotation marks on that whiskers sentence you'll find only two links. Us (the Trumpet Herald link) and this original link where a real person posted the shaver question:

https://cancerconnection.ca/discussions/viewtopic/35/31387?post_id=265665

The OP here is a loser and a jerk. I hope someday he develops into a person worth of respect.
Hi-Note76

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....meanwhile this thread is still here and has been since Tuesday.
Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazingly enough some things other than trumpet get discussed. The OP looked like a reasonable request. And despite Rusty's findings there is a lot of reasonable info in the thread (excepting your post). The moderators have better things to do than create random posts. I suggest you find or start a forum more conducive to your lofty ideals and better judgement.

Hi-Note76 wrote:
Awfully suspicious isn't it. It's the guy's first post. Completely unrelated to trumpet playing. And the subject line of the thread doesn't even disguise that fact.

Moderators have just days ago deleted threads that were more related to trumpet playing than this one, yet they let this one continue.

Clearly, the moderators don't have the kind of integrity, judgment, or both that are befitting of the position of a forum moderator because they are being very subjective and selective about the way in which they're enforcing their rules.

It even seems likely that a moderator could have been the one to start this thread just to get his jollies showing people that he can allow/deny anything he wants at his own discretion. If that's the case, then that qualifies as psychologically questionable.

etc-etc
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mohan wrote:
etc-etc wrote:
The OP is a verbatim copy of a post from 2012 appearing on a different website.

"Let me Google this for you" link:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=I+know+he+doesn%27t+like+having+whiskers.

PM to Moderators sent.

That strange google this for you link you sent leads to dozens of websites and I am not seeing the one you were referring to.

But if you just go to google and put quotation marks on that whiskers sentence you'll find only two links. Us (the Trumpet Herald link) and this original link where a real person posted the shaver question:

https://cancerconnection.ca/discussions/viewtopic/35/31387?post_id=265665

The OP here is a loser and a jerk. I hope someday he develops into a person worth of respect.

My apologies - what I was trying to show was exactly what you demonstrated. In process of getting the link ready I must have dropped the surrounding quote symbols.
Hi-Note76

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don Herman rev2 wrote:
Amazingly enough some things other than trumpet get discussed. The OP looked like a reasonable request. And despite Rusty's findings there is a lot of reasonable info in the thread (excepting your post). The moderators have better things to do than create random posts. I suggest you find or start a forum more conducive to your lofty ideals and better judgement.

Hi-Note76 wrote:
Awfully suspicious isn't it. It's the guy's first post. Completely unrelated to trumpet playing. And the subject line of the thread doesn't even disguise that fact.

Moderators have just days ago deleted threads that were more related to trumpet playing than this one, yet they let this one continue.

Clearly, the moderators don't have the kind of integrity, judgment, or both that are befitting of the position of a forum moderator because they are being very subjective and selective about the way in which they're enforcing their rules.

It even seems likely that a moderator could have been the one to start this thread just to get his jollies showing people that he can allow/deny anything he wants at his own discretion. If that's the case, then that qualifies as psychologically questionable.

You took a completely different stance with other threads that were actually more trumpet-related but branched off into a health arena.

So my assessment is correct and I'm reminded why I stopped looking at this forum years ago. It's a monkey farm run by monkeys. So long, Bongo.
jhatpro
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In online forums, as with everything else in life, perfection is an elusive goal.

"The notes are there - find them.” Mingus

2021 Martinus Geelan Custom
2005 Bach 180-72R
1965 Getzen Eterna Severinsen
1946 Conn Victor
1998 Scodwell flugel
1986 Bach 181 cornet
1954 Conn 80A cornet
2002 Getzen bugle
delano
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don Herman rev2 wrote:
Amazingly enough some things other than trumpet get discussed. The OP looked like a reasonable request. And despite Rusty's findings there is a lot of reasonable info in the thread (excepting your post).

Come on, this is VERY obvious a nonsense post and the answers "with reasonable info'' are from members who want to be TOO kind to everybody, resulting in a lack of capacities for reflection and/or relativism.
Sometimes raising kids (in this case trolls) asks for the hard hand.
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keyed in on Brad's word, why "here". And I have the same question. Does this pertain to trumpet playing basic concepts and exercises or is it more suitable to The Lounge?

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Benge 3X Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi-Note76 wrote:

You took a completely different stance with other threads that were actually more trumpet-related but branched off into a health arena.

So my assessment is correct and I'm reminded why I stopped looking at this forum years ago. It's a monkey farm run by monkeys. So long, Bongo.

No, those threads were offering medical advice contrary to what real medical doctors were advising.

delano wrote:
Come on, this is VERY obvious a nonsense post and the answers "with reasonable info'' are from members who want to be TOO kind to everybody, resulting in a lack of capacities for reflection and/or relativism.
Sometimes raising kids (in this case trolls) asks for the hard hand.

IME it does not matter what the Mods do; somebody is going to complain, either because too heavy-handed, or not enough.

kehaulani wrote:
I keyed in on Brad's word, why "here". And I have the same question. Does this pertain to trumpet playing basic concepts and exercises or is it more suitable to The Lounge?

Now that is a good point.
fredo
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the first post about shaving, remember this one :

https://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=130739&sid=4c5d79b8a9d8dd7bc27b5af8c8285b07
adc
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought this..waterproof..wet or dry...Love it. Toprated by Amazon $37
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H6YAJXA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
iiipopes
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having been diagnosed with a congenital clotting disorder and having to take warfarin, to avoid nicks, some years ago my barber also recommended electric. I have had various Norelcos and Remingtons over the years. The way my beard grows, shaving is better for me with these rotary razors. The Brauns, Panasonics, and other reciprocating razors burn my skin too much or the foil configuration does not allow a close enough shave.

A pre-shave, like 'Lectric Shave or Afta, is essential, since there is no shaving cream to condition the beard before shaving. Put a splash or a dab on, wait five minutes, and that helps with avoiding razor burn.

As with everything else, since the choice of a razor is most personal, YMMV. Good luck!
ayryq
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha, the game is revealed.

OP has just edited his post to add a spam link.
DEG Signature 2000 Bb/A picc
Yamaha YTR-9835 Bb/A picc
Yamaha Bobby Shew flugel
Yamaha Neo cornet
Moderators
TH Moderator Group

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gone.

Thread left for the other info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: