• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Adjustable Brace

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mzony
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The differences in the horns are many...I have seen a couple of them and they are still in development. I must wanted to say that the changes in bell design go WAY beyond that of a thinner metal. I don't/can't go into great detail, but the bead on the bell is different as well as many other things...The braces themselves are of different weight and design. There are many different things on the new horns that many people will find delightful. It is impossible to go into detail...It's not a done deal yet.
davo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I indeed forgot that the bell bead of the 8310Z is of a slightly different cross section than that of the 6310Z.
_dcstep
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be neat if they can increase the resonance of the Z. My old Z seemed positively dead compared to my Selmer-Paris. When I brought the Selmer into the house I couldn't motivate myself to pick up the Z again. The Z is a wonderful horn for those that understand how to play it, but more feedback to the player is always a plus, IMHO.

Dave
JasonHarrelson
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2003-12-13 11:09, dcstep wrote:
It'll be neat if they can increase the resonance of the Z. My old Z seemed positively dead compared to my Selmer-Paris. When I brought the Selmer into the house I couldn't motivate myself to pick up the Z again. The Z is a wonderful horn for those that understand how to play it, but more feedback to the player is always a plus, IMHO.

Dave
This is possible. We have worked on every Yamaha and many Z horns. After much trial and error, I have found that the bracing can be altered to make the horn more vibrant in all registers. It has more to do with the top bell brace than the tuning slide brace.

Jason Harrelson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: