• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

delete

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctw0611

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject: delete Reply with quote

delete

Last edited by ctw0611 on Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Rod Haney
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Throat While Double Tonguing Reply with quote

ctw0611 wrote:
Hello all,

When I try to do the standard tu-ku method of double tonguing, I notice my throat moving but not my chin or embouchure. Is this a problem or should I ignore this?

I would think it would have a lot to do with how you feel about the results of your efforts.

If it sounds good and you get the speed you desire I would run with it. I know very little of the mechanics involved in double tonguing but .in my experience the tongue movement always effects the embouchure even if only under the rim where you don’t see. I’m also a big believer in running with what works vs. a set method. I certainly shouldn’t be confused as having expertise in this but I believe that you improve by discovery and practice and although I might have more luck with a set method I believe if it sounds good it probably is. Now if you are not satisfied with the results that would mean more discovery but if it is what you want to hear when you play you’re probably on the right track. Even in high school when I was taking lessons at the local college the teacher would only step in when I couldn’t figure something out on my own or that the sound wasn’t right. Then he would help you find the path by corrective exercise always looking for the sound. Do you play commercial or symphonic?
Rod
Ed Kennedy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If it works don't fix it." If it isn't working think of anchoring the sides of your tongue against your teeth and keep the action (tu ku) as far forward in the mouth as possible AND keep the air flowing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: