• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Lawler TL5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nowherenearadoublec
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats this like? (Mainly for lead)
Alan
Bruce Lee
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Alan!

The TL5-2 has a yellow brass bell with a very even, slow taper. The #2 leadpipe allow the player to give it as much energy as he/she wants. Because the TL5 is lightly braced, it is very responsive, and produces a fat, bright lead sound when pushed. It is very capable of blending well with other trumpets.

When my friend Tim80 played the TL5-2, he produced a very warm sound. I had to look twice to be sure which model he was playing. So, a lot has to do with the player, and the mouthpiece used on it. I'm sure that Tim could do some ripping on the horn, if he gave it some gas! I know that it still haunts him! Maybe Tim will feel like jumping in here with a little feedback!??

Hope this helps, Alan!

Happy Holidays!
Bruce
Tim80
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lawler TL-5 is my favorite standard model Lawler. The only one I thought was better was a balanced model heavyweight 5 bell Lawler. Wow. The Lawler TL-5 is probably more practical. I suspect I may need the 1 or 1A leadpipe though. I was trying out a Curry 3BC mouthpiece that day. When I played the horn I had the same reaction Bruce had. I double checked to make sure it was the TL-5. It can produce sizzle if you want it too but in my opinion it can be used as an all around horn. When I finally get through playing Russian Roulette on Ebay I suspect the TL-5 is the Lawler I will buy. And yes I'll end up with a Lawler so my buddy bkmdano can quit rubbin' it in about his TL-6R. I absolutely positively do not have lead chops. Heck I barely have 3rd trumpet chops. I've just been playing again for a couple of years. But that Lawler surely gave me ambition.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: