• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Tony Fruscella Horn and mouthpiece ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stefjazz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:51 am    Post subject: Tony Fruscella Horn and mouthpiece ? Reply with quote

Hi Guys, anyone know which horn and which mouthpiece Tony used ? thank you for your reply.

Link

Instragram :stefanpicot
Youtube : Stephane Donadio
Iko iko

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm a huge fan of Fruscella and I'm just publishing a book about him: it will be out soon! Unfortunately, I tried to look almost everywhere on the net and ask to many people who met him in person but no one knew which horn and mouthpiece he used. Looking at the cover of his 1955 Atlantic album, it seems he's holding a Besson Proteano trumpet, but it's just a supposition by me. You also have to consider the fact that his trumpet, especially in his latest years, was almost always at the pawn shop, and there was a period during his life in which he remained without an instrument and his musician friends bought him one at a pawn shop. So we don't know if the horn portayed in the cover of that album is the same instrument he used to play earlier or in the following years. I know for sure that his last trumpet was buried with him. I wrote about that in my own book.
As far as concerned with his mouthpiece, according to that album cover, it looks like a Bach one, but it's almost impossible to be sure of that.
Hope I could help you, please let me know!
P.S. How did you hear about Tony Fruscella? Glad to know that there's still some people listening to him
Instagram: enricocaniato
Stefjazz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thank you for the reply. Yes on the picture i cannot talk about the trumpet but the mouthpiece seems to be a Bach. According to his blowing attack it's probably used a same mouthpiece than brownie or chet the small one (10 1\2 or around 7c) so much ghost notes have been heard. I knew Tony when I found him on spotify. On 3 first notes, i knew that he would be one of my favorite trumpeters. I waiting foward for your book, tell me when it gonna be ready. Very appreciate to share with you.
Instragram :stefanpicot
Youtube : Stephane Donadio
Iko iko

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure! The book is written in Italian since I'm from Italy. I'll keep you updated!
Instagram: enricocaniato
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: