• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Yamaha "shotblast"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Composing Trumpet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just played one of these horns and it has an incredible sound and very easy upper register. I actually made it to a double D on this baby and I can only get up to a C (on rare occassion) on my bach and schilke. I know that they're xeno horns and that they come with a satin finish and a reverse leadpipe. I also know they're only to be made in limited quantities. Does anyone else know about this horn and what makes it so special??

Mike
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
_dcstep
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a search for "XENO YTR-8335RGSM vs. 8335RGM" to see the review I posted a week or so ago. The silver is considerably brighter than the lacquer version. I suspect that the shot finish thins the plating slightly, but it IS bright for a standard weight horn. (Not unduly so, just brighter than the comparable 8335Rs).

Brook Mays has three new ones in stock. Email or PM me if you want the phone number of the guy to deal with.

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: