• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

New 800DLX Eterna Deluxe Cornet - Hot off the presses

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danbassin
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kehaulani wrote:
Getzen has rolled back the clock on the "Classic", "Sererinsen" Model because it got sway from its strength. Is this the same rolled-back model to the early 90s Shephard's-crook model or a different bird, altogether?

Pictures of this instrument can be found at the beginning of the thread, and a video of the instrument being played and reviewed can be found in very recent posts.

It’s unclear what you mean by “rolled back the clock” and while there were a few Severinsen models, Getzen didn’t have a ‘classic’ line to my knowledge.
Monette - CORNETTE/PranaXLT-STC Bb/MC-35/Raja A Piccolo;
Kromat C-Piccolo; Thein G-Piccolo; Various antique horns
MPCs - Monette Unity 1-7D and DM4LD
Getzen
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are not “rolled back” designs of the Eterna models at all. Think of it more like an elevation. The tried and true Eternas were the starting point for sure. But these were designed to be so much more. More of a “what if?”. How far could we push the original design? Keeping the original intent, but taking them to another level. At the same time, bringing in some design elements that were tributes to Getzen trumpets of the fifties. I think Jim Stella and Adam did an amazing job.

Now the 900 Eterna Classic was a roll back design that took the 900 of the late nineties back to the original design from the sixties.

Follow Getzen on:
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/getzencompany/

Twitter https://twitter.com/GetzenCompany

If you have a question please feel free to email me at brett@getzen.com.
TiredChops
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

I know this is an old thread, but I just ordered one of these cornets and I'm anxiously waiting for it.

I'm curious, can anyone tell me what type of clear lacquer Getzen uses ? I know there are baked epoxies, powder spray, nitrocellulose etc. I'm wondering what type of lacquer this horn has, and how to best care for it.

And while I'm here... I want to use this horn in a British Brass Band, does anyone have experience playing this cornet in that setting, and can you comment on your experience ?

Thanks !!
spitvalve
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiredChops wrote:
Hi everybody,

I know this is an old thread, but I just ordered one of these cornets and I'm anxiously waiting for it.

I'm curious, can anyone tell me what type of clear lacquer Getzen uses ? I know there are baked epoxies, powder spray, nitrocellulose etc. I'm wondering what type of lacquer this horn has, and how to best care for it.

And while I'm here... I want to use this horn in a British Brass Band, does anyone have experience playing this cornet in that setting, and can you comment on your experience ?

Thanks !!

Please post a review when you get the horn. And if you have other cornets you can compare it to, that would be helpful as well.
1999 Getzen Eterna 700S
1977 Getzen Eterna 895S Flugelhorn
1969 Getzen Capri cornet
1995 UMI Benge 4PSP piccolo trumpet
Warburton and Stomvi Flex mouthpieces
TiredChops
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spitvalve wrote:

Please post a review when you get the horn. And if you have other cornets you can compare it to, that would be helpful as well.

Yes, I'll do that. I hope to have the horn by wed/thurs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Cornet/Flügelhorn All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: